2019 Club Singles Tournament
Date & times:
Sunday 10 March
Cintra Park Tennis Centre (Synthetic Grass surface)
1B Gipps Street, Concord NSW 2137
$50 per player
- 6 divisions, each consisting of 2 groups of 5 players (Total 60 players)
- Each group will be designated a single court for the whole day (court allocation will be decided by lucky draw prior to commencement of the tournament).
- Each group captain will be responsible for managing balls for the group and reporting the scores back to the tournament desk.
- Within each group, each player will play a round robin of 4 matches of 1 standard set (first to 6 games with standard tie-break at 5-5).
- 2nd deuce is sudden death point.
- The winner and runner-up of each group will be determined by sets won. In the event of a tie on sets, the winner will be determined by the higher percentage of games won. ie. Games won divided by total games played (eg. 20 games won, 18 games lost = 20/(20+18) = 52.632%). If there is still a tie, the winner will be the winner of Head to Head match.
- The winner of each group (in each division) will advance to their division final.
- The runner-up of each group (in each division) will play off for 3rd/4th.
All matches will be played with Slazenger balls. New balls will be issued after every 4 matches/sets and for each division final (group captain to manage).
Attire and shoes:
Proper tennis shoes and attire are required when on court.
Do’s & Don’ts:
- Avoid disturbing other matches.
- Players shall not engage in unsporting conduct.
- A player is not allowed to receive coaching during a match.
- Do not enlist the aid of spectators in making line calls.
- Wait until players on another court have completed a point before retrieving or returning a ball.
In the case of unforeseen delays or rain, the Tournament Director and Tennis Sydney Committee may decide to shorten matches. This will be announced prior to the match.
This tournament is open to club members only.
For any enquiries, please email the Tournament Director at firstname.lastname@example.org