Tournament date & times:
Sunday 21 May 2017
Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre (Plexicushion Hard Court surface)
Rod Laver Drive, Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush 2127
AUD$40 per person
Important: You must enter and pay individually (nominate your partner on the registration form)
• 4 divisions, each consisting of 2 groups of 5 teams (Total 80 players)
• Each group will be designated a single court for the whole day (court allocation will be decided by lucky draw prior to commencement of the tournament).
• Each group captain will be responsible for managing balls for the group and reporting the scores back to the tournament desk.
• Within each group, each team will play a round robin of 4 matches of 1 standard set (first to 6 games with standard tie-break at 5-5).
• 2nd deuce is sudden death point.
• The winner and runner-up of each group will be determined by sets won. In the event of a tie on sets, the winner will be determined by the higher percentage of games won. ie. Games won divided by total games played (eg. 20 games won, 18 games lost = 20/(20+18) = 52.632%)
• The winner of each group (in each division) will advance to their division final.
• The runner-up of each group (in each division) will play off for 3rd/4th.
All matches will be played with Slazenger Balls.
Attire and shoes:
Proper tennis shoes and attire are required when on court.
Do’s & Don’ts:
• Avoid disturbing other matches.
• Players shall not engage in unsporting conduct.
• A player is not allowed to receive coaching during a match.
• Do not enlist the aid of spectators in making line calls.
• Wait until players on another court have completed a point before retrieving or returning a ball.
In the case of unforeseen delays or rain, the Tournament Director and Tennis Sydney Committee will decide which option will be played. This will be announced prior to the match. This may result in shortening of matches.
This tournament is open to Club members only so please ensure your Club Membership is currently active.
To enter, simply follow the two-step process below.
Entries will only be accepted once payment and registration are received for both players.
Step 2: Fill out the registration form to enter.
Waiver of Liability:
By participating in the Tennis Sydney 2017 Club Singles Tournament and related activities & events, participants agree to waive any & all rights & claims for bodily or emotional injury, injury to their reputation, or any other damage or harms that they might suffer, or any other claims of any nature they or their legal representatives may have against Tennis Sydney, the GLTA & its officers, all tournament sites, tournament sponsors, or any organisation, facility or individual associated with this tournament & the related activities & events. Participants agree to participate at their own risk & the above organisations, facilities, & individuals will not be responsible for any harm, injury or damage that they might suffer. They also release & waive any & all rights to claim damages or remuneration which may arise as a result of references to, photographs, images or likenesses of them which may appear in any publication or other media coverage.
For any enquiries, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Club Doubles Hard Court Tournament