Compass Singles draw & details - 6 July 2014
Closest Railway Station – Parramatta. Buses depart from the interchange.
The nearest bus stop to the courts is on Isabella St, North Parramatta.
Bus number 545 or M52 – please check with Sydney Buses at the interchange.
Other stations nearby are Rydalmere and Dundas. Check City Rail for timetables.
From the City
1. Head along Parramatta Rd and then onto the M4Western Motorway
2. Take the JAMES RUSE DRIVE exit toward Parramatta/Hornsby/Milperra
3. Turn right onto James Ruse Drive
4. Take the ramp to Kissing Point Road/Dundas/Eastwood
5. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Pennant St
6. Turn left onto Pennant St
7. Turn right onto Isabella St
8. Take the 1st right into Barton St.
From Parramatta Railway Station
1. Head west on Argyle St toward Marsden St
2. Take the 1st right onto Marsden St
3. Continue onto Marist Pl
4. Turn right onto Victoria Rd
5. Slight left onto Pennant St
6. Turn left onto Isabella St
7. Take the 1st right into Barton St
Tennis Sydney will be providing complimentary tea and coffee in the clubhouse.
A sausage sizzle will be available for purchase at lunchtime.
The Pro-Shop at the courts sells a limited selection of drinks and snacks.
SET FORMAT: Single set, first to 6 games, (Short deuce, sudden death point upon reaching 2nd deuce) Standard tiebreak at 5-5, first to 7 by 2 (no sudden death point).
For those new to a compass draw, following is a brief description of how it works.
All players start in one single draw, ranked 1-64, “the EAST” draw. In round one, seeded player 1 plays 64, 2 plays 63 etc. After round 1, the draw is split, winners remain in the EAST draw, non-winners move to the next draw (WEST). Then we play again, 1 plays 32, 2 plays 31, etc, in East. In the newly created WEST draw, player 33 plays 64, 34 plays 63 etc. The draw keeps splitting (winners one way, non-winners another) for 3 more rounds, until there is 8 separate draws, E, NE, N, NW, W, SW, S, SE. (hence a Compass)
If there are no walkovers/withdrawals, every player is guaranteed 4 sets. If you make the semi of your [8th of the] draw, you will play 5 sets, and if you make the final, you will play 6 sets.
Ultimate glory goes to the EAST winner (who is undefeated) and to the EAST runner-up (who has lost only to the EAST winner). Tournament ranking continues from EAST (ranks 1-8) anti clockwise through NORTHEAST (ranks 9-16), NORTH (ranks 17-24), NORTHWEST (ranks 25-32), WEST (rank 33-40), SOUTHWEST (ranks 41-48), SOUTH (ranks 49-56), then finally at SOUTHEAST.(ranks 57-64).
The draws and first match times will be available on Saturday 5 July at 9.00am HERE
Please check your first match time carefully.
Good luck and have a great day.