New Dates - AGLO 2014 - 15-16 March 2014
To help you with your planning…
Main Venue – Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre
Saturday 15 March from 4.00pm onwards.
Sunday 16 March 9.00am – 6.00pm
The tournament will be held at the world class Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre,home of Tennis NSW and the APIA International Tournament.
Transport & maps
Sydney Olympic Park maps, transport and parking information is available here.
Please read below for other details that may answer any questions you may have.
* Elimination Draws in Singles and Doubles will revert back to the original format of two full sets with a super tie-break in the third.
* Round Robin events will continue as pro-sets of first to 8 games with a tie-break at 8-all.
* All finals will be played as best of three full sets.
* We will aim to play all Semi Finals and Finals on Sunday
* We WILL be holding Consolation Draws
on Sunday and we strongly encourage all those eligible to play to sign up – the winner of each Consolation Draw will still receive GLTA Ranking points and a AGLO 2014 Consolation Medal. If you are interested, please email me separately registering your interest. email@example.com
* Only those who lost their first round of Singles are eligible to participate in the Consolation Event.
* Consolation Matches will be one regular set, first to 6 games.
* The final of the Consolation Matches will be two full sets with a third set super tie-break.
* We will not be holding Consolation Draws for the Doubles events.
* All unfinished matches will commence from 4:00pm on Sat 15 Mar.
* All unfinished matches will continue with their current score, in the current match format UNLESS both opponents agree to play their match from scratch. I stress that both opponents MUST agree to this.
Doubles teams with an interstate or international player who is not available for the new dates.
We have now received a ruling from the GLTA with regards to playing with a new substitute partner.
The GLTA is allowing you to substitute your previous partner with a new one but they must fulfil the following criteria:
* the new partner must be of the same level (or lower) as your previous partner
* the new partner must have not already participated in the same event
Please advise of the substitute player by February 27. If you can not think of a suitable player or would prefer to withdraw your doubles entry, we can also facilitate that option.
DRAWS, schedules and player lists and the full rules and regulations are available HERE
Please check back for the updated schedules for matches for Saturday 15 March.
The AGLO 2014 Tournament Program and Players Guide is available to download HERE
We look forward to welcoming you back to complete the tournament in March.
Keep up to date with the tournament and Tennis Sydney on facebook.