Players playing at Rockdale for the first time, when entering the venue follow the path/road to the left of the front courts and across the bridge to the 9 courts at the back of the complex. This is where you will find the tournament control desk.
Please check the times of your scheduled matches carefully and arrive early for your matches.
On Saturday and Sunday, once you have played your first match please check before leaving as more matches maybe scheduled during the day.
The consolation matches haven’t been scheduled yet and will be scheduled to play as the weekend progresses.
The results will be updated on the website at regular intervals, so players with Smartphones can keep track of who is winning and losing.
Unfortunately not all events received enough entries but we were able to accommodate everyone in an alternative event (still keeping within the GLTA guidelines). Women entered in women’s events were moved into divisions with men due to not receiving enough women players.
It’s a fun and social event so please make it an enjoyable experience on court with fair and honest line calls and off court please introduce yourself to players from interstate or overseas and make them welcome.
The Saturday night Players Party is fast selling out and will be a great night of fun, food and entertainment so hurry up and purchase your ticket (if you haven’t already).
Hope you all have a great tournament and Good Luck.
• The tournament will be played in accordance with the rules of the Gay & Lesbian Tennis Association (GLTA) and the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
• In the event a situation arises which does not pertain to any of these rules, the tournament organisation will decide how best to resolve the situation.
• Please report to the tournament desk 15 minutes prior to each match!
• All matches up to the semi-finals will be the best of 3 sets, with the 3rd set being a super tie break (first to 10 with a 2 point advantage). The first two sets are normal first to 6 sets with a tiebreak at 6-6. All semi-final and final matches (time permitting) will be the best of 3 tie break sets.
• Consolation matches are to be played as 8 game pro-sets, with a tiebreak at 8-8
• Warm up times are limited to 5 minutes.
• Report the match results to the tournament desk after the match.
Late arrivals will incur a penalty in accordance with the GLTA rules starting from the moment the match has been announced (and a court is available). Therefore it is your responsibility to arrange transportation, get directions if necessary and leave yourself sufficient time to get to the venue.
• Up to 5 minutes: loss of toss and 1 game
• 5 to 10 minutes means: loss of toss and 2 games
• 10 to 15 minutes: loss of toss and 3 games
• More than 15 minutes: default